By completing this form you are volunteering to tow an equipment trailer for Huntington Woods Boy Scout Troop 1292. You agree to the following terms:
1) I have completed the Voluteer Driver Form.
2) I am comfortable towing a trailer behind my vehicle.
3) I have a trailer hitch rated at Class II, III, or IV.
4) My vehicle's insurance policy coverage meets the Troop's minimum requirements:
5) I understand that while towing a trailer, I will:
- Ensure safety chains are properly attached to the tow vehicle.
- Ensure all trailer lights are fully functional - running lights, brake lights, & turn signals.
- Maintain proper tire pressures on both the tow vehicle and trailer.
- Abide by all driving laws.
- Maintain a safe stopping distance, anticipate stops, and brake gradually.
- Avoid sudden manuevers that could result in a loss of vehicle control.
- Reduce speed during poor weather or windy conditions.
- Refrain from texting or talking on cell phones while driving.
You will be asked to submit an updated form annually with a copy of your insurance.