Finally, an agency ranking that goes outside advertising to shine the spotlight on the rest of the marketing mix.
From the editors of Chief Marketer comes the first comprehensive ranking of the top non-advertising agencies—The Chief Marketer 200, the first-ever list of the best U.S. engagement and activation agencies across more than 40 categories, specialties and client categories. Whether you’re a consumer agency or a B2B shop, experiential or digital, design or content… this fall we’ll unveil the most comprehensive agency ranking of its kind.
THIS IS AN EDITORIAL PROPERTY AND THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER. Thousands of U.S. agencies are expected to apply. Only 200 will make the list. And more than one million client-side marketers will see, view and use the list—extra motivation for you to enter.
The Chief Marketer 200 was designed as a new agency ranking for a new agency landscape. Companies first enter a primary agency category (consumer, B2B, digital, design, etc.) and then proceed to add dozens of specializations (experiential, lead-gen, direct, shopper) to their application. It will all roll up into a first-of-its kind agency ranking that truly shows off broad categories and niche specialties. We’re even including special editorial lists and rosters such as Best Small Agencies, Best Independents, Agencies to Watch and Most Creative Agencies.
Our rigorous selection process will assess the relative strengths of all the agencies and will provide CMOs and marketers with the kind of information they need to find the best partners for their brands. Advertising agencies are not eligible to apply.
What are we looking for? A high ratio of work should be done exclusively within the category in which the application is submitted. The strategic value of the agency should be supported by client testimonials, case study submissions, awards and published editorial coverage. The work should be high caliber and there should be a consistency of quality work across programs and client roster.
The creative should be killer. The work: always innovative. Ideas should be fresh, bold and moving the industry forward.
And the agency should have or should be actively earning a reputation as a thought leader in their craft, and as a representative of the best of the industry.
Fact: Advertising doesn’t drive the rest of the marketing mix anymore. Non-advertising spending is on the rise because it speaks to the wants and needs of today’s consumers and B2B customers.
Start your application today—the 2018 Chief Marketer 200.
A few important notes before you get started:
- This is an editorial property—THERE IS NO CHARGE to be included in the Chief Marketer 200. And we’re not looking for your financials. The goal is to showcase the top agencies—who they are and what they do. Based on your input we will present clear and useful data to our audience of more than one million marketers, and they can get in touch with you for more information.
- Who qualifies: Marketing agencies with a high percentage of non-advertising work (at least 85% of gross billings) that serve the strategic needs of brand-side clients.
- Who doesn’t qualify: Suppliers, builders, software platforms or technology providers, and agencies that do not work directly with brand-side clients.
- Selection Criteria: Chief Marketer’s editorial staff will review and rank every application based on a mix of the following criteria: A high ratio of agency work (at least 85%) should be done exclusively within the category in which the application is submitted.
- Entry Format: All information must be typed into this web page. All data is encrypted and will not be shared outside our editorial team. Once you complete the submission, please confirm that you’ve completed it with Chief Marketer Senior Editor Patty Odell, email@example.com. Submissions will only be accepted in this format.
- Important: All questions must be answered in full. Incomplete applications will be automatically deleted.
If you have any questions, please call Chief Marketer Senior Editor Patty Odell at 203-899-8442 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that you can save your work as you go along and come back to this application to finish.