Important Mid-Year Transfer Notices
NOTE: If you would like to submit an electronic application, you must have an e-mail address. By providing an e-mail address and submitting an electronic application, you agree to receive communication from Student Assignment via e-mail.
Eligiblity Notice for a Mid-Year Transfer:
- Students who move from one school attendance zone to another during the school year may continue to attend for the remainder of the semester in which they moved. If a student wishes to remain at the school after this semester, the parent must secure an approved Mid-Year/School Choice Transfer from the Office of Student Assignment.
- Mid-Year Transfers shall be granted to students for the purpose of maintaining academic stability. Students in transition grades (5th, 8th, 11th, and 12th grade) will be guaranteed approval. Students in all other grades will be approved only if space is available in the school (i.e. the school received out of zone transfer students during the most recent school choice application period).
- No APS transportation will be provided for any student attending an out of zone school.
- The parent/guardian must apply for a school choice transfer during the transfer window in the Spring to remain in the school for the following academic year.
- Students who are allowed to remain must demonstrate an ability to attend school regularly. After the student accumulates three (3) unexcused absences or a combination of seven (7) unexcused absences and tardies, the principal or his/her designee will hold a conference with the parent to determine if remaining in the school of origin is the best instructional placement for the student based upon the family’s circumstances. If the student accumulates five (5) unexcused absences or a combination of 10 unexcused absences and/or tardies, he or she will be withdrawn and immediately placed in the new zoned school.