We are excited to be back, serving the Battery Park City community with afterschool programming! Currently, all afterschoool programming will be offered in-person. We are working with the principals and the school community to ensure everyone's safety. Please read on below for some programming details and a preview of this season's schedule. Please note that during high season, emails will be responded to in the order received. Thank you.
- Registration will open on Monday, September 13th at noon and will close on Thursday, September 16th at 5pm. The link will be accessible here, under "enroll now," and will also be listed at the end of this message.
- You must complete the registration form in its entirety, in order for your registration to be valid. Please do not omit information, as this may disqualify or delay your child's seat in the program. You must complete one application per child.
- This season, Volleyball will be co-ed and offered as a developmental sport ONLY, not a competitive sport. What this means is that there will be no official matches against other schools scheduled. Scrimmage games are TBD. Volleyball will continue again in the Spring and our hope is that it will be offered as a competitive sport.
- Sports offered - Flag Football, Volleyball, Cross Country and Soccer.
- Only Flag Football and Soccer will hold tryouts on their scheduled days. You will not be able to register for Flag Football or Soccer, before making the team. Please note that this season, there will be no JV Soccer offered or Fencing.
- If a club you'd like to sign up for is full, please email the Program Director to be placed on the waitlist for that club.
- Students attending afterschool must remain in the building, after day school dismissal. There will be no re-entry into the building for afterschool. Middle school students should report directly to their first club, where snacks will be provided. Students may also bring their own snacks.
- Masks must be kept on at all times unless eating, while in the school building.
- All supplies will be sanitized before and after use.
- Non-self-dismissal students will be kept in the building until an authorized adult arrives.
- Parents are not allowed in the school building. Sports games will take place outdoors where parents can attend.
- Sports schedules have not yet been released. Students and families will be notified when sports schedules become available.
- Tryouts will be held for the following FALL sports only: Flag Football and Soccer
- Winter and Spring try-outs will be held in season.
- Because Volleyball will be developmental this fall, there will be no tryouts. Please register for this class.
- Flag Football and Soccer tryouts will take place during scheduled times: Flag Football 3:15-5:45 on Monday + Wednesday. Soccer 3:15-5:45 on Tuesday + Thursday.
- If additional days are needed for tryouts, families will be notified.
- Students are required to attend all tryouts for the sport. Please notify the coach of any conflicts.
- Please dress in athletic wear.
- Rosters will be posted in the following locations, the following week: Gymnasium Door, Manhattan Youth office (704) and Mary's office. Parents will also be notified via email.
- Once a student makes the team, adjustments in student schedules will be automatically made.
- Game schedules will be sent out as soon as they are finalized by the MSAL (Middle School Athletic League)
FALL 2021 SCHEDULE PREVIEW