To ensure the best outcomes are achieved for those giving free property advice LandAid asks companies to commit to the following Code of Conduct by signing where indicated below. If you do not sign, we will, unless you tell us otherwise within seven days of your pledge of free property advice proceed on the basis that you do agree to such terms:
- To support and promote the work of LandAid.
- To use discretion, sensitivity, pragmatism and plain English in all dealings with LandAid’s charity clients.
- To work honestly, fairly and in good faith with clients, keeping their best interest as the primary goal.
- To ensure that all professionals giving pro bono advice are covered by the appropriate professional indemnity insurance.
- To carry out professional work in a timely manner and with a proper regard for standards of service and customer care expected of them.
- To not knowingly participate in a conflict of interest without prior notice to all parties.
- To promote the recommendations of industry best practice standards wherever possible.
- To endeavour to protect and preserve the environment and to make clients aware of more sustainable choices wherever practical.
- To keep and make available if necessary written records of all communication and/or advice to the client.
- To inform LandAid of any changes in the agreed scope of work.
- To record the time and charge out rate of the work, as if for a fee paying client. LandAid includes this information in our annual accounts.
- To feedback to LandAid on the progress of the pro bono work and outcomes of the project.LandAid may use this information in case studies and examples of best practice for wider distribution on LandAid's website or to LandAid's trustees, corporate and charity partners.
We acknowledge and agree that LandAid does not owe any duty to us with respect to or in connection with LandAid's Free Property Advice Programme. LandAid is not liable to us for any losses of any kind suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with LandAid's Free Property Advice Programme. We will not bring any action, proceedings or claim against LandAid or any of its directors, trustees, members, staff, other officers or employees which in any way relate to or are concerned with LandAid's Free Property Advice Programme.