The Midnight Sun Festival is a 12 hour community celebration of summer solstice in downtown Fairbanks. 1st Avenue - 4th Avenue between Cushman Street and Noble Street are closed to traffic and taken over by 200 booths, three stages and a variety of activities. We are reaching out to local artists for the sixth year asking for submissions of logos that will represent the 2017 Midnight Sun Festival. This logo contest is designed to showcase an artist and logo that speaks to both the event and its downtown setting.
All logo rules are below. This year we are also asking for an Artist Statement answering two important questions.
1. How does your logo represent the Midnight Sun Festival?
2. What elements of downtown Fairbanks have you used in your design?
Rules & Regulations
- Any person who lives in the state of Alaska.
- The winner of the previous year is not eligible to participate. A person may win the contest multiple years but not consecutive years.
- Logos must be submitted as an ai, eps or high quality jpg.
- Submit both a logo and a t-shirt design mock up of the logo.
- Artists may submit multiple designs, but they must be submitted as separate entries.
- Submissions will be accepted until 11:59pm March 14th.
- A jury will select their top designs which will be posted on Facebook and on downtownfairbanks.com on March 16th. Winner will be announced on March 23rd.
- The winning design will become the property of the Downtown Association of Fairbanks Community Services and will be produced for sale throughout downtown Fairbanks, during the Midnight Sun Festival, as well as online. Note that the design may be altered for printing purposes.
- By submitting a design you give permission to the Downtown Association of Fairbanks Community Services to produce the t-shirt and to sell it online and at the Midnight Sun Festival without payment or royalty.
- Individual winner will receive $300 cash prize.
- Winner will have their design on all Midnight Sun Festival promotional materials including over 900 t-shirts, 20 light pole banners, posters, and marketing collateral.
- Winner will receive five Midnight Sun Festival t-shirts in sizes of choice.
- Winner will receive a light pole banner with thier logo after the festival.