UNIVERSITY RECREATION AND WELLNESS GROUP FITNESS WAIVER
In consideration of the University of Maryland’s acceptance of my participation in University Recreation & Wellness (RecWell) Group Fitness program activities, including the use of RecWell facilities and equipment, I, for myself, my heirs, personal representative(s) and assigns hereby represent and agree as follows:
1. I understand that participation in the RecWell Group Fitness program is not part of the academic curriculum or job requirements of the University and is completely voluntary on my part.
2. I fully recognize and understand that there are risks and hazards, associated with participation in RecWell Group Fitness program activities, that may result in property damage and/or personal injury, including but not limited to: cuts, scrapes, bruises, broken bones, muscle strains, pulls or tears, other bodily injuries, heat prostration, blindness, deafness, drowning, heart attacks, temporary or permanent disabilities, paralysis and, even, death.
3. I understand that various RecWell Group Fitness courses require a minimum level of fitness for safe participation. I also understand that University Recreation & Wellness advises that participants in RecWell Group Fitness program activities have a physical examination to determine their fitness for participation. I further understand that the University of Maryland does not provide medical, health or other insurance for participants in RecWell Group Fitness program activities.
4. Knowing the dangers, hazards and risks associated with participation in the RecWell Group Fitness program, I voluntarily assume all responsibility and risk of loss, damage, illness and/or injury to my person or property in any way associated with my participation in RecWell Group Fitness program activities.
5. I agree to abide by all rules and regulations applicable to participation in RecWell Group Fitness program activities.
6. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I hereby release and forever discharge, and agree not to sue and to indemnify and hold harmless, the State of Maryland, the University of Maryland, University Recreation & Wellness, and their officers, agents, employees and volunteers from and against any and all liabilities, claims, demands and causes of action of any kind on account of any loss, damage, illness or injury to person or property in any way arising out of or relating to my participation in RecWell Group Fitness program activities or use of RecWell equipment.
I CERTIFY that I am 18 years of age or older and that I have read and fully understand this Group Fitness Program Release and Informed Consent Statement form, and I sign it voluntarily with full knowledge of its significance.
PLAYING BY THE GROUP FITNESS RULES:
1. A UMD ID or RecWell Member ID and RecWell group fitness sticker, or a Guest Pass, are required at the door for admission into each class.
2. Dependent members and guests under 18 years of ages are not permitted in group fitness classes.
3. Admittance to the class is prohibited 10 minutes after the class has begun or when class has reached capacity. Please arrive early.
4. No bags or coats will be permitted into the group fitness studios; small personal items are admissible.
5. All cell phones and paging devices must be silenced in studios.
6. RecWell encourages you to bring a personal stretching mat, towel, and water bottle.
7. Group fitness stickers are valid for the current academic year.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE TERMS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE UNIVERSITY RECREATION & WELLNESS GROUP FITNESS PROGRAM.