The role requires high attention to detail and excellent linguistic skills. Your work will be reviewed by a skilled linguist. In order to pass the pretest, you will need a passing review for each section.
- Follow the instructions closely.
- Pay attention to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Follow the punctuation rules and punctuation style specific to your test language.
- Use correct spacing consistently (no extra/missing spaces).
- If your test language is Chinese, consistently implement a space between English and Chinese characters.
- Use appropriate tone and word choices.
- Use correct terminology consistently.
- Do research online for the expected (technical) terminology.
- Use correct product names.
- Do research online for existing localizations.
- Provide accurate translations. Avoid meaning shifts and omissions, but don’t resort to translating word-by-word. Make sure your sentences sound natural in your test language.
- Read the source text carefully to make sure you have fully understood the meaning.
- Make sure to fix any incorrect facts (names, years, places, etc.)
- Double-check your work for any errors before submitting it.
If you are taking a test that includes creative writing, please keep in mind that plagiarism is not allowed. Present your creative writing skills and personal style.