Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
Academy Dates: May 28-29, 2020
Location: Tulalip Resort Casino & Spa, 10200 Quil Ceda Boulevard, Tulalip, WA 98271
Native Action Network is hosting its 10th Annual Young Native Women’s Leadership Academy! The Youth Academy prepares the next generation of women Native leaders by combining cultural values with modern tools and services. Young Native women who are seniors in high school through their final year in college are invited to apply. Selected participants will receive two nights lodging, food, and complimentary registration for the 16th Annual Native Women's Leadership Forum. Youth Academy students come from many tribal affiliations and backgrounds, from all over the US and even abroad! The Academy includes two days of challenging and invigorating leadership training that runs parallel to the Native Women's Leadership Forum. Young women attendees push their minds and spirits to new limits through debate and discussion with their peers under the guidance and instruction of honored elders and national experts in their fields. Young women leave transformed, empowered, and prepared to make a positive difference in their communities.
▪ Only complete applications will be considered. Applications will be evaluated on the applicant’s potential for leadership and commitment to Native service.
▪ Applicants must be 18 or older.
▪ Selected applicants are responsible for their own transportation to the conference. Rides from nearby airports or city centers may be available.
▪ Participants will be paired up to share their hotel room.
▪ All women will be assisted by chaperones throughout their stay.
▪ Participants are expected to participate fully in the two night three day session. Participation includes being actively engaged in introductions, workshops, presentations, and during the Native Women's Leadership Forum.
▪ We use an inclusive definition of “woman” and “female” and we welcome trans women, genderqueer women, and non-binary people who are significantly female-identified.
▪ Selected applicants will be notified in April.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-451-7298.
You are NOT able to save this form and return to it, so you should complete your responses in a Word document and cut and paste your text into the electronic application to avoid losing your answers. Please be sure to provide a complete submission with all the requested information: