Job Title: Community Kitchen Manager Job Category: Part-Time / Hourly
Pay Scale: $10.00-$16.00 Weekly Hours: 20-30
Role and Responsibilities
The Community Kitchen Manager (CKM) has a primary responsibility to ensure hot meals are being prepared and served from the Community Kitchen. The CKM is responsible for overseeing the kitchen facilities to ensure the safety of patrons and volunteers. The CKM is responsible for ensuring all volunteers/guests engaged in service of the program of the kitchen are treated with dignity and respect.
The duties of the CKM include but are not limited to:
- Plans and prepares and or oversees meals each weekday.
- Coordinates pick-up schedules for off-site food donations.
- Maintains food inventories and prepare food requisitions for order on a monthly basis.
- Maintains inventory of supplies required to serve meals, prepare supply requisitions for order on a monthly basis.
- Maintains clean working facilities and equipment in both the meal preparation area and dining room.
- Maintains inventory and maintenance of all equipment in the meal preparation area.
- Provides help and assistance to volunteers during meal service hours.
- Ensures volunteers are adhering to safe food handling guidelines.
- Ensures volunteers are treated fairly and with respect for the service they perform.
- Ensures all clients are treated fairly and with respect to their situations.
- Makes appropriate referrals to the Voluntary Action Center offices for further assistance, as necessary.
- Requests donations of supplies and food items, as necessary.
- Provides basic training to volunteers in regard to food preparation, food service, and cleaning.
- Coordinates volunteer schedules to ensure adequate staffing of community kitchen.
- Coordinates groups providing sponsorships of meals.
Time Distribution Analysis
Food Preparation: 50% Volunteer Management: 20%
Supply Management: 20% Planning and Organizing: 10%
Management Responsibilities and Chain of Command
The Community Kitchen Manager is responsible for supervising all volunteers who serve in the kitchen. The CKM reports directly to the Executive Director.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Cooking and Meal Planning Skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Preferred: SafeServe Certification credentials
- Preferred: Prior volunteer organization experience or management of volunteers
- Preferred: Prior food preparation experience
- Preferred: Three years’ food industry management experience