Members of our staff, including employees and volunteers, will of necessity have access to this facility’s confidential information during the course of their work for this facility. Confidential information comprises any information obtained as a result of work for this facility orally or by any other communication medium including, but not limited to, documents, electronic files, web pages, or email messages. Confidential information includes, but is not limited to, names of children attending this facility at any time, names of their family members (including care givers, emergency contacts, individuals authorized to pick up child), family member contact information, information provided in registration forms, and information provided in communications with family members. Confidential information also includes information about the facility, employees, volunteers, and other members of the facility community.
Confidential information does not include any information that:
● becomes publicly known, as by a public use or by publication, or otherwise ceases to be confidential, except through a breach of this policy by the staff member;
● is designated by the facility as not confidential
Staff are authorized to use and disclose confidential information exclusively for performance of their duties for the facility. Staff members shall not use or disclose confidential information for any other purpose. Any other intentional use or disclosure of confidential information shall constitute a breach of the staff member's work agreement and shall be sufficient cause for immediate termination of staff member's work for the facility and legal action against the staff member.
Upon termination of work for the facility, former staff members shall not:
● retain any electronic or physical copies of confidential information
● disclose any confidential information in perpetuity
● initiate communication with children attending this facility or their family members at any time. Former staff members may engage in communication with such individuals if such individuals initiate the communication.