The AOMA Professional Education Committee is now accepting abstracts for continuing medical education (CME) lectures at the 43rd Annual Fall Seminar, October 27-28, 2023 in Tucson, AZ.
AOMA Lecture Abstract Criteria
- Fall Seminar CME presentations must be evidence-based, engaging, timely, and impactful.
- Lectures must be 55 minutes in length including 10 to 15 minutes for questions.
- Lectures must incorporate osteopathic practices and principles.
- Abstracts must be submitted by an active member of the Arizona Osteopathic Medical Association.
- Physician speakers must be board certified in their specialty.
- Speakers should include CV, brief bio, and photo with your abstract submission.
The following information must be completed on the Abstract Online Submission Form below:
- Topic and title of the presentation
- Identification of one learning gap to be addressed in the presentation
- Three (3) learning objectives of your lecture using the following criteria:
- Learning objectives must be consistent with core competencies addressed in your presentation.
- Learning objectives should describe what the physician audience can expect to learn or be able to do after completion of your CME presentation.
- Learning objectives should be written in behavioral terminology and suggest outcome measures for the success or effectiveness of your presentation.
- The osteopathic core competencies to be addressed in the presentation. Indicate all that apply: osteopathic philosophy/OMM, medical knowledge, patient care, interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism, practice-based learning and improvement, systems-based practice
- Clinical observations, scientific questions, and/or evidence-based research to support the need for the topic
- One or more non-pharmaceutical complementary therapies or modalities for patient treatment, i.e, OMM techniques (primary consideration), exercises, counseling, education, behavior modification, etc.
Selection and notification:
Lecture abstracts are reviewed and considered by the AOMA Professional Education Committee. Speakers will be notified by June 30, 2023, if their abstract is selected for the Fall Seminar CME program, and will receive an AOMA CME Speaker Agreement.
AOMA will assign the specific date and time for the lecture. Speaker availability will be taken into consideration.
If you have any questions, contact Teresa Roland via email at email@example.com or by phone 602-761-2697.