1. Describe appropriate patient assessment for treatment with ER/LA opioid analgesics, evaluating
risks and potential benefits of ER/LA therapy as well as possible misuse.
2. Apply proper methods to initiate therapy, modify dose, and discontinue use of ER/LA opioid
analgesics, applying best practices including accurate dosing and conversion techniques as well as
appropriate discontinuation strategies.
3. Demonstrate accurate knowledge about how to manage ongoing therapy with ER/LA opioid
analgesics and properly use evidence-based tools while assessing for adverse effects.
4. Employ methods to counsel patients and caregivers about the safe use of ER/LA opioid analgesics,
including proper storage and disposal.
5. Review/assess general and product-specific drug information concerning ER/LA opioid analgesics
and identifying potential adverse effects of ER/LA opioids.